There are many different types of security fencing, but the electric fence is the one least likely to be scaled. An electric fence is not necessary for every business, but fencing contractors would tell you that where one is installed, problems with security are certainly less likely. So how do you know if your commercial business would find such a fence advantageous?
- If you store a lot of expensive equipment outside where it is easy to get at.
- When some of your stock is stored outside where it can be seen, or if you have high value stock that is easy to transport – e.g. it’s small and light to carry – stored inside.
- If there has been a lot of crime or vandalism in the area where your commercial business is established.
- If you’ve had theft or other security breaches in the past, an electric fence would be a good way to prevent any more.
- If you have alarms, security cameras and/or guards and still have security breaches.
- If your business is one where monitoring is necessary 24/7.
- If your business is in a location with poor lighting or is isolated.
A good security fence provides a barrier that is physical as well as psychological. Just knowing that the fence is an electric one will put most criminals off attempting to climb it or get through it.